Today I noticed that LeftHand OS 11.0 has been released!
Strangely, I have not received an e-mail notifying the new version or see any tweets coming by about this subject. Maybe I missed it, or I am among the first ones to notice the available downloads.
Check out the following page for the available downloads at hp.com:
Some notes from that page:
- LeftHand OS 11.0 and the Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) version 11.0 for VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.0.1 and 5.1 is not yet VMware certified. Once certified, the SRA 11.0 will support LeftHand OS 10.0 and higher. The certification status will be reflected on the†StoreVirtual Compatibility Matrix†and†VMware Compatibility Guide.
- When using HP Insight Control for vCenter Server, Insight Control for vCenter 7.2.3 is required for LeftHand OS 11.0 support.
- When using HP Insight Remote Support, Insight Remote Support 7.0.8 Content Level Update 1 (CLU 1) is required for LeftHand OS 11.0 support. CLU 1 will be available in December 2013.
Please see my other articles for a feature overview and things you need to prepare before upgrading. Note that the upgrade article is based on LHOS 10.5. I don’t think many things changed in the upgrade path. If so, I will update the article with the changes.
Update: There are some changes in the upgrade process indeed. Something called Online Upgrades is a new way to upgrade your existing storage nodes to LeftHand OS 11.0. This method will be available around 11th of November. Using this method, you don’t need to download the software separately anymore. You can still upgrade using the traditional way.
- #HP StoreVirtual LeftHand OS 11.0 features and requirements (snowvm.com)
- Upgrading a #HP StoreVirtual SAN environment (snowvm.com)