In case you didn’t notice, the new version of vCloud Usage Meter has been released at the end of July and is available for download. Read on to learn more about this new release.
About vCloud Usage Meter
For those who are not familiar with vCloud Usage Meter, it’s a tool that is required when you are using vCAN†licenses. It indexes your vSphere environment(s) each hour and saves that information into it’s local database.
After gathering that information,†summaries of your usage can be e-mailed to one or more e-mail addresses at a predefined date and time.
Depending on your agreement with the license provider, you should provide them with the exported data.
- Support for Horizon DaaS
- Support for NSX
- Support for vSAN
- Support for latest versions of products (see interoperability matrix for more information)
- Option to meter vCenter Operations Manager usage as standalone
- Option to meter NSX usage as standalone
- Streamlined vCenter collection
- New Virtual Machine History report
- New Customer Monthly Usage Report
- New sections in the Monthly Billing report related to product configuration issues and vCloud Director
- Security enhancements
- Network Time Protocol integration
Where can I get it?
The software is available for download at†this URL. If you’re already running the software, you should†deploy a new appliance. It’s not possible to migrate your data.
Documentation can be found here.
For more information, check out the product community page.